How do you get involved?
Becoming a Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day Affiliate demonstrates your interest and desire to educate others about breast reconstruction and women's health. Host an event or advertising campaign within your practice or throughout your community to show the importance plastic surgeons play during a woman's breast cancer journey. All participation goes a long way! Fill out your Affiliate form today.
The fifth annual Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day USA will take place on October 19, 2016.
There is no fee to participate and there is a free Event Starter Guide to help you plan your Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day activities.
Breast Reconstruction is a personal choice, but all women deserve to know their options. Let's unite and close the loop on breast cancer today.
Thank you for being an advocate and serving as an educator about breast reconstruction options and insurance coverage for this procedure. Raising awareness would not be possible without you!
event ideas & resources
After completing the affiliate form, you will receive a free Marketing & PR Toolkit to assist in marketing your event. The Marketing & PR Toolkit includes:
- Messaging, Facts & Figures
- Press Release Template
- PDF Flyer to distribute throughout your community *NEW*
- Local Government Proclamation Template
- Patient Letter Template
- Social Media Messaging Examples *MORE INCLUDED*
- And More!
- Educational Seminar - Organize a presentation by plastic surgeons,breast surgeons, nurse specialists and other medical professionals on topics such as breast reconstruction options, timing for surgery, latest advances, etc.
- Art Contest & Raffle - Ask breast cancer survivors to design a bra and auction them off.
- Spa Day - Ask a local salon to support a day of spa services for breast cancer patients services for breast cancer patients.
- Question & Answer Panel - Invite plastic surgeons, breast cancer survivors, patients who have undergone mastectomy and breast reconstruction to be part of a panel where members of the community can freely ask questions and breast reconstruction.
- "Show and tell" Intimate Event - Approach smaller breast cancer support groups to host a breast cancer survivor who has undergone mastectomy and breast reconstruction to speak to the group, and if comfortable, show the women what reconstruction actually looks like.
- Advertising Campaign - Develop a poster or signage with a message, images, statistics, etc. Have the image posted on the sides of a bus, in store windows, etc.
- Patient Appreciation Lunch - Host a fundraising or complimentary lunch to honor your breast reconstruction patients. Invite their friends, family and supporters.
For questions or more information, please contact Rosie Marszalek at 847-228-3363 or email email@example.com.